First thing first: our mind trusts in what we tell it. If you keep having negative thoughts about yourself, you will believe you are a big bad wolf. Self-love is not selfish. You have to learn to love yourself first in order to love someone else. Or to generally have a happy life. And no, it is never easy. It will take time to develop a healthy relationship with yourself. But that is where self-love affirmations step in! Affirmations are personal declarations that can help you turn negative thinking into positive. They encourage confidence, love, and self-esteem. Thus, you should repeat it daily while looking at the mirror or write it down.
Below, see a collection of 85 affirmations for self-love and find what resonates with you. Practice them each morning or before bedtime. And you will note a change in your mindset over time.
85 Affirmations For Self-Love
The path toward self-love has a few steps. You have to learn to forgive yourself, embrace yourself the way you are, and treasure your body.
Compassion Self Love Affirmations – How To Forgive Yourself
1. I am human – we all mess up sometimes.
2. At least I tried, so there is no what if.
3. I gave my best, and there was nothing else left to do.
4. admit I failed, but my failure does not portray me.
5. I learned from my mistakes, and I am wiser now.
6. My goal was always to grow, not to be perfect.
7. I do not deserve to be so hard on myself.
8. It is time to let it go and move forward.
9. I free myself from the poundage of my remorses.
10. I do not need to stay the same person I was before.
11. I withdraw permission to punish myself for my missteps.
12. It’s never too late, and I am never too old to change.
13. I will try it again.
14. I am a phoenix, or resilient.
15. Success is only possible if I try again.
16. I devote myself to getting out of my mindset and stepping into the world.
17. I praise my life’s path.
18. I deserve to be loved.
19. I love who I am today, but I value who I was yesterday too.
20. I am ready to defend myself.
21. It is okay not to be okay – I am still strong.
22. I love myself unconditionally. That does not make me selfish.
23. My mistakes do not make me a bad person. They make me human.
24. Feelings are there to be felt – I will not suppress them.
25. It is okay to forgive others if that brings me inner peace.
26. I am allowed to say no.
27. I am a good person.
28. Fear and regrets are enemies – I will not let them hold me back.
29. It is okay to let go of those who hurt me.
30. I live for myself, not for others – thus, only my opinion is valid.
31. I had to choose someone, and I have chosen me.
32. I might not be able to change the whole world. But I can change myself.
33. I put my boundaries, but I respect the boundaries of others too.
Self-Embrace Affirmations – How To Accept Yourself
34. I am not perfect, no one is, but I do my best.
35. All humans are works in progress – I learn every day.
36. I have both strengths and flaws – we all do.
37. I accept myself the way I am.
38. I deserve happiness.
39. I am enough.
40. I will treat myself with the kindness I would treat my best friend.
41. I am not ideal, but I am the perfect version of myself.
42. I am proud of how far I have come.
43. I do now own apologize to anyone for being me.
44. I am happy to be alive.
45. I used to pray for the things I have today.
46. It is fine to ask for help.
47. I will let my self-hate melt away like snow.
48. I know I cannot do all, but I am happy about what I can do.
49. Bring it on life – I can fight it!
50. I deserve a good partner, for I have a lot to offer.
51. The most important relationship I have is the one with myself.
52. I am where I need to be.
53. I can’t just please others – my needs matter too.
54. If I am going to follow anything, that will be my heart.
55. Chaos might be around me, but peace lives inside me.
56. I woke up this morning loving myself a bit more than I did yesterday.
57. No one can tell me what I cannot do – I am capable of all.
58. I am keep growing every day.
59. My life is not perfect, but it is still a good life.
60. I am the best piece of art I have ever made.
61. The only love that does not have to be earned but given is the love for myself.
62. I will not ask anyone for permission apart from myself.
63. I am the healer of myself.
64. My love is fearless – both for others and myself.
Further Reading: How to forgive yourself
Body Praising Self Love Affirmations – How To Treasure Your Body
65. Every human being is beautiful.
66. The shape of my body does not determine who I am.
67. Weight is a digit – who I am is way more than just a number.
68. My body is my temple.
69. I am alive thanks to my body’s well-being.
70. I am at peace with the way I look.
71. I am healthy, and for that I am thankful.
72. My confidence makes me attractive.
73. I am beautiful and handsome.
74. I am in love with my energy.
75. My body deserves as much love as my mind does.
76. My over-size clothes are the same chick as any other.
77. I am done with feeling shame about my look.
78. I am unique, and I look as I am supposed to.
79. Some people are adding silicones to where I have a bit more.
80. My eyes sparkle and my smile are what makes me beautiful.
81. My body is good-looking, my brain is hot.
82. Someone will fall in love with all that I am – not the parts of me.
83. Food is not a friend or enemy. It has no power over me, and I choose how much of it I take.
84. Life does not start 5 or 15 pounds from now – it is already happening.
85. I am dating – I have a caring relationship with my body.