We all dream since childhood to devote our time and work on something that really excites us. However, it is very common to find people who obviously work on something that does not move or excite them, which leads them to experience frustration and even to question their purpose in life.
What is the purpose of your life? What would you like to say that it is your “legacy”?
I believe that each of us wants to find his purpose in life, our raison d’etre, or reason for existence. We need to have a reason to get up out of bed in the morning. We want to feel alive and have a passion for something. Something that will make a difference in the world. We are not alone in this, but many of us are still looking for that purpose.
Further Reading: 9 Life Goals You Should Focus On In Your Twenties
Here are some tips on how to discover what is already inside you.
1) Make a list of all the things you loved to do as a child. Do you have any particularly happy memories of something that you really like to do? Something for which you get compliments on what you have been extremely proud of.
2) What are your favourite books? Do you like romance novels, fine books about art and skills, “murder mysteries” or perhaps metaphysical titles?
3) When you have some free time, how do you spend it? Alone or with friends and family? The research of the city or a tour of the village?
Further Reading: 10 Easy Things You Can Do To Change Your Life
4) Which compliments you are giving to the people? If nothing comes to mind, then ask a couple of your closest friends or business associates what they cost the most to you, what they consider as your strengths and talents. You might be surprised by their answers. If you ask a co-worker may be able to give you a completely different perspective than that to ask a family member, but they both have value in discovering your “brilliance”.
5) To which success in your life, you are particularly proud of? There does not have to be about winning the prize. It may be simply that you have given your hand to someone who really needed it.
6) What qualities, talents and gifts you admire in others? Make a list of people in your world and beside each of them write their strength and the things you like about them. Tell them that, too, and beautify their day.
Further Readings: 7 Qualities For Success That Are Often Neglected
7) If we had all the time in the world and if money would no longer be a problem, what would you really like to do? Imagine how would look like your perfect day from morning until evening. What would you have for breakfast? How’s the view when you strip off the curtains from the window? How do you spend your afternoon, where, and with whom? How do you feel when you close your eyes at the end of a perfect day?
Doing this exercise will help you get to know each other and give you insight into what would be the purpose of your life. When you manage to find happiness in the little everyday things you do for yourself and for others with great ease you will also succeed in that to find your passion.
Also, someone once said that passion is not something we really finding – this is something we cherish. It takes a time to develop, so start from paying attention to your inner voice. Although this voice would often initiate a “how to do?” alarms, only accepting the idea of allowing your most natural, unspoiled whims to lead the way, sounds pretty tempting and attainable.
In every man, there is a sleeping giant. When the giant awakes, miracles happen. – Frederick Faust
You came here for a reason. There is in this world, something that only you can do and the world is waiting for this. I wish you luck on your journey.