What does it mean when you dream about someone?
For some reason, almost everything we see in our dreams is encoded in symbols. For example, if you’re afraid of losing your job, chances are you will not see yourself thinking about that in the dream.
You could even have the famous dream of losing an important exam. Or, you could simply dream about your crush.
If you feel guilty for the things you did against your values, culture or religion, you may dream that you’re falling.
So most of the dreams are encoded in symbols rather than a direct representation of your thoughts.
Like everything in the dream is in the form of symbols, dream about someone can be a symbol of someone else.
It is critical to understand that people in your dreams have a significant psychological significance, no matter how little time they appear or the role they represent.
You might consider keeping a diary of your dreams containing every crucial detail as possible to study in the future.
As you know, a dream that seems more real than reality often becomes a blur a few hours later.
Further Reading: 20 Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone
So, What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?
Dream about a family member
Dreaming of family members typically represents your characteristics.
A dream involving your aunt having a car accident or maybe an urgent situation could indicate that a part of your personality could be little used.
If your aunt is in your dream, but not as an active participant, might suggest that you’re not allowing your positive characteristics to be displayed in the real world.
What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone’s Death
Historically, it has been thought that a dream associated with the death of a person bodes well.
If you have good feelings toward anyone in the real world, dreaming of that person after he has died is a tremendous experience.
Dreaming of loved ones who have died is considered a way to cheat death, even for a moment.
At the same time, there is an, even more, sinister about the dead in dreams look.
A dream that shows a person who has been ill or an individual who displeases you is often an indication that you are afraid of what the future holds for you.
Further Reading: You Need Positivity. Read This!
What does it mean when you dream about someone you like, with whom you are in love
Often the presence of the person you love in a dream can be an indication of your level of passion for them. When there is an urgent situation with the person you love could indicate that your life is losing steam.
If you ever find your beloved with someone else, it may be that no longer feel so passionate about your daily life compared to those around you.
You must not misinterpret a dream that shows your partner being unfaithful as proof of his true infidelity. Dreams seem extraordinarily real and promote feelings in real life that have nothing to do with the context. Keep a journal with specifics.
You have an effort to remember who s/he was, what clothes they wore, what time of day it was, and also remember the objects, etc.
What does it mean when you dream about someone, a work colleague
If you dreamed of a co-worker, but not in the general work context, it indicates the person is an aspect of yourself. Maybe your boss is in a party of your cousin, along with your fifth-grade teacher and the person who sold goods yesterday.
This could mean that your cousin was yourself when you were a kid, and your boss is you now. The teacher could merely be the blink of an eye to the past and the seller to the present.
Often the most mundane details have more meaning for individuals. Recording details are crucial for interpreting dreams.
Further Reading: The Secret to Success: Building a Strong Support Network
Here are some more examples from the world famous book of dreams for what does it mean when you dream about someone:
– If we dream of finding someone making a mistake means that we are afraid of encountering surprises.
– If we dream of finding someone making an error because another person means not wanting to face our real problems.
– If we dream of the presence of someone who is at home or in the room it means that you must control their feelings not to get in evidence. For this, it is possible that we have to fight with someone who wants to harm.
– If we dream of someone we like, it means that a person who has reached deep into our lives and our thoughts analyzed the relationship we have with that person and how far we can go.
– If we dream that we kiss someone means we want to improve things with that person because we had problems, and also do this because we have a solid relationship.
– If we dream of kissing someone we love means we want to be with that person and kiss him/her as s/he has totally fallen in love.
– If we dream that we want to kill someone means we want to transfer our problems to that person, so much hate! Usually, this type of dreams is given to our enemies or people who want to look bad all the time.
– If we dream that we mourn means that you are unable to let go your past.
– If you are grieving the death of someone and you dream about it and suffer, means that this is a way to face the pain and anguish to release all that we have inside.